Over two-thirds of American firefighters and first responders are volunteers. As a result, fire chiefs often struggle to lower response times as they work hard to gather enough resources to combat emergencies. Although mobile technology can help secure valuable communication channels amongst fire departments, consumer-grade devices cannot withstand the strain of public service. To enhance communication and visibility, we turn to Zebra’s L10 Rugged Tablets as a cost-effective, durable, and adaptable solution to protect those who protect our communities.
As one of the most underfunded departments in the nation, firefighters require devices that serve multiple functions continuously. In this article, we investigate how Zebra’s Rugged Tablets aggregate multiple features to overcome the challenges facing emergency teams today, such as unclear visibility, inefficient reporting, and poor resource accountability.
Zebra Rugged Tablets are Made for the Demand
Available with either Android or Windows operating systems, Zebra’s Rugged Tablets expand resource visibility, helping decrease response times and maximize overall safety. Functional in the harshest environments, each device is designed to meet the most critical demands of public safety work.
Accurate Dispatch Management – Equipped with less personnel, firefighters require real-time intelligence when facing an emergency as well as wide-range communication channels to reach neighboring agencies. The L10 secures connectivity with:
- Fast cellular connections supported a 4G LTE network
- Multiple connectivity options provided by leading public service networks, such as AT&T FirstNet and Verizon
- Push-to-Talk Express preinstalled in all L10 Android units
Simplified Paperwork – Investigation reports are crucial to keeping track of fire codes and inspections, yet they can take up valuable time when done inefficiently. To streamline data entry, Zebra’s rugged tablets use:
- Ultra-fast processing power, expanded memory, and fast eMMC storage
- Advanced 10.1-inch multi-touch screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass
- Three unique models (XPAD, XSLATE, XBOOK) to fit your needs
Maximized Safety – Over 24,000 firefighters were injured while on-duty in 2017 alone, and inadequate visibility tools may be to blame. Because manual accountability tools are harder to manage in an emergency, rugged tablets integrate:
- Tracking software that locates active-on-site personnel in real-time
- Boosted security and multi-factor authentication that protects sensitive files for fast data sharing
- Extended hot-swap battery that prolongs device uptime to 27 hours for continuous visibility
Built rugged from the inside out, Zebra’s L10 Rugged Tablets enhance public safety by keeping our emergency response teams safe, active, and accounted. Augmenting visibility with secured communication channels, the L10 stands as our recommendation for enhanced public safety.
To integrate Zebra’s Rugged Tablets into your team, contact TPI’s mobile experts here.
Check out the L10’s complete list of features in our flyer.