The Zebra RFS4000 has been discontinued. Please call TPI for replacement options. 888-488-4244.
The Zebra RFS4000(formally Motorola RFS4000 and now Extreme Network RFS4000) is Zebra’s low cost, low maintenance branch network solution. Zebra’s standard platform makes deployment trouble-free, and the built-in service eliminates the need for on-site IT support.
The Zebra RFS4000 is both feature-rich and flexible. It can provide the foundation upon which organizations build custom solutions that meet their networking needs and can be expanded upon as business grows. While the Zebra RFS4000 series offers built in applications such as locationing for Wi-Fi and RFID, hotspot and VoWLAN/video services, it is also available with an integrated dual radio dual band 802.11n access point that features extensive coverage and performance — meeting all the needs of SME/ SMB.
The Wi-NG operating system creates a common platform for voice, video, data, and multiple RF technologies that allows for easy additions of custom applications and hardware such as an integrated customizable Secure Guest Access application with distributed or centralized authentication that enables a branch network to offer hotspot services for guests.
Zebra RFS4000 Key features and benefits include:
Powerful Network Functionality
- Includes fully integrated 802.11n wireless services controller
- 802.11n access point
- Wired switch with 5 POE ports rolled into one
- IPSEC VPN/firewall/WIPS security
- RADIUS & DHCP server
- Location & RFID engines
- 3G Wireless for WAN backhaul
- One platform for wireless voice, data, video, RF technologies such as RFID, WiFi (including 802.11n) and WiMAX
- Built-in intelligence that allows the network to identify and automatically address network issues
- Zero touch installation
- Upgrades are simplified by auto-discovery and auto-configuration
Control and Support
- Quality of Service (QoS) ensures superior performance for voice and video services
- WMM Admission Control, including TSPEC, SIP Call Admission Control, and 802.11k radio resource management ensures dedicated bandwidth for voice calls as well as better control over active voice calls for a variety of VoIP handsets
- FMC-ready and supports third-party solutions and future services, including the extension of the desk phone to mobile devices over the WLAN and WWAN
- Integrated stateful L2-7 wired/wireless firewall
- Integrated IDS/IPS engine for rogue detection and containment
- Anomaly analysis engine
- DoS attack protection
- Ad-hoc network detection
Easily Expandable with SMART Branch Applications Including
- Secure Guest Access application with distributed or centralized authentication enables a branch network to offer hotspot services for guests
- A real-time locationing system for Wi-Fi and RFID allows centralized asset tracking and monitoring
- Storage via USB for software image distribution to branch networks
- Support for VoWLAN that provides cost-effective voice services throughout the wireless enterprise, enabling push-to-talk and mo