The Zebra AP 8132 – One Access Point with Infinite Possibilities
The Zebra AP 8132 allows users to roll-out high quality, high bandwidth hardware-based applications while reducing deployment and installation costs. With the Zebra AP 8132’s standard USB interface, the device supports a broad range of applications from a wide variety of developers. Its modular design meets evolving needs, making it an ideal future-ready platform. The Zebra AP 8132 is now part of the Extreme Wing family due to the completion of Extreme Networks Inc acquisition of Zebra Technologies WLAN Business.
Enhancing the Customer Experience – Wirelessly
The Zebra AP 8132’s flexibility unleashes unlimited possibilities for exceptional customer experiences and enhanced productivity for wireless users. The device can multi-task with modules such as 24 x 7 spectrum monitoring for improved wireless security, an environmental sensor with efficient energy management, or an IP camera to enable video analytics for customer engagement.
Using these capabilities, a retailer, for example, could pinpoint a customer’s in-store location and send a special offer to their mobile phone as they are shopping. A luxury hotel’s IT director can deliver network access and continuity, helping to ensure guest satisfaction, by simply plugging in a 3G backhaul application module. When combined with Zebra’s NX Integrated Services Platform series, the Zebra AP 8132 offers a complete solution for improving customer experiences, employee productivity and operational efficiency.
Zebra AP 8132 Modular 802.11N Access Point Key Features
- 3-Spatial Stream 3X3 MIMO Access Point: Delivers maximum throughput to virtually any enterprise application, including voice and HD video
- Data Rates of up to 450 Mbps per Radio on WiNG 5 Architecture: Extends the range and robustness for smart phones and tablets running voice and video.
- Full 802.11n performance with standard 802.3af: Simplify and reduce total cost of installation using standard Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Standard USB Interface for Module Attachments: Accepts up to two module attachments, allowing for unlimited possibilities for applications
- Load Balancing, Pre-emptive Roaming and Rate Scaling: Increases reliability and resilience of the wireless network to support mission critical applications
- Band-Unlocked Dual-Band Design: Increases security without increasing costs. Enables 24 x 7 dual-band wireless IP sensing on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with concurrent 802.11a/b/g/n client access and mesh