Zebra AP 7562 – Affordable Wireless Coverage for Harsh Outdoor Environments.
The Zebra AP 7562 is now part of the Extreme Wing family due to the completion of Extreme Networks Inc acquisition of Zebra Technologies WLAN Business. Zebra AP 7562 802.11ac Outdoor Access Point(formally Motorola AP 7562) – When businesses need to provide wireless network access for outdoor areas, they not only need an access point built for the outdoors—they also need the power and performance of 802.11ac to handle today’s bandwidth-heavy applications. Until now, however, cost has been an issue. Zebra’s purpose-built AP 7562 802.11ac outdoor access point is ready to meet the demands of harsh outdoor spaces affordably. On the outside, the Zebra AP 7562 offers a rugged housing built to handle anything from rain, snow and hurricane-force winds to sub-zero temperatures. On the inside, businesses get the advanced wireless technologies they need to provide high-performance, reliable, seamless and secure wireless access for even the densest user populations. Now, customers can take wireless LAN outdoors—powerfully and reliably—with the Zebra AP 7562.
Innovative Features of the Zebra AP 7562:
- Highest performance wireless speeds with 3X3 MIMO
- Three spatial streams plus 256 QAM modulation support on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios deliver the maximum throughput needed to support virtually any enterprise application, including voice and HD video.
- The AP 7562 also works in conjunction with beamforming to boost effective wireless range.
- Dual radio 802.11ac/802.11n
- The Zebra AP 7562 provides an easy upgrade path to 5th generation 1.3Gbps Wi-Fi, allowing unmatched performance and capacity with continuing support for all existing Wi-Fi client mobile devices (2.4 GHz/5 GHz).
- The 802.11ac radio also provides four times the bandwidth of ‘n’ for blazing speed whether users are viewing schematics, placing a video call, or accessing information in business applications.
- Outdoor rated IP67 die cast aluminum enclosure
- Designed to withstand wind, rain, snow, hurricane force winds and extreme temperatures, the rugged housing of the Zebra AP 7562 can easily and reliably handle any conditions it is likely to meet in a demanding outdoor environment.
- MeshConnex™ on both data radios
- Zebra’s unique routing engine, MeshConnex, creates a mesh network on both radios, giving the Zebra AP 7562 automatic failover for superior uptime and survivability. MeshConnex also ensures the highest possible data rate in challenging outdoor environments—at all times. Since mesh eliminates the need to install fiber and wires between buildings, the cost and complexity of a WLAN is reduced.
- Backhaul detection. If an access point should lose its backhaul connection, the Zebra AP 7562 self-forms and self-heals into a mesh router inside the network, eliminating any disruption in wireless connectivity.
- Radio share and off-channel scan
- The Zebra AP 7562 can be a dedicated sensor. It can also use Radio Share and Off-Channel Scan features that work hand-in-hand to allow either or both radios to carry client data and act as a sensor, providing dual-band sensing without adding cost.