The Symbol LS3408-ER Extended Range Rugged Scanner from Zebra Technologies for Industrial Applications – Gain unmatched scanning accuracy at any range.
The rugged Symbol LS3408-ER handheld scanner from Zebra Technologies, delivers superior performance and versatility for your scan-intensive industrial applications.
In the yard, warehouse, distribution center, manufacturing plant or retail store, the Symbol LS3408-ER handheld scanner offers best-in-class performance, excellent reliability and user-friendly ergonomics to create a more productive mobile environment. Multiple on-board interfaces ensure flexible plug and play host connectivity.
Features of the Zebra LS3408-ER Barcode Scanner.
Advanced Data Capture Features for Industrial-Grade Applications;
The Symbol LS3408-ER reads bar codes from as far away as 45 feet (14.6 meters) and as close as 5 inches (13 cm) to give you the kind of versatility that’s necessary for today’s industrial applications. The rugged housing, sealed to IP65 standards, withstands repeated drops of up to 6.5 feet (2 meters) to concrete, ensuring limited downtime. In fact, the Symbol LS3408-ER maintained its reliability when subjected to multiple drops in a specialized tumble test conducted in the widely recognized Symbol Industrial Design Labs.
For applications requiring quick access and convenient storage, the Symbol LS3408-ER features a built-in metal hook for attachment to a pulley. Two large LED-enhancing windows and an extra loud 80 decibel (db) beeper are strategically placed on the scanner for clear and audible feedback to users.
- Flexible working range: 5″ (13cm) to 45ft (14.6m)
- Improves user productivity
- Ergonomic, rugged industrial design withstands multiple 6.5ft drops (2m) to concrete: 2,500 3ft (1m) tumbles (5,000 hits)
- Ensures maximum reliability with less down time due to accidental drops
- IP65 sealing rating (electronic enclosure)
- Protects against water and dust to ensure reliable performance in rough conditions
- Bright 650nm laser aiming dot
- Delivers clearly visible line for more accurate scanning
- Dual-scan angle switches from standard to wide under software control
- Offers fast, accurate bar code reading on menus and pick lists
- Multiple on-board interfaces
- Ensures flexibility connectivity, allowing for host “future proofing”
- Advanced data formatting (ADF)
- Eliminates costly modifications to the host software
- Flash memory
- Facilitates updates/customization of product in the field
- Universal cable set
- Allows for easy replacement and/or upgrades
- Supports Reduced Space Symbology (RSS) investment
- Compatible with emerging symbology to leverage your hardware
Symbol LS3408-ER General Specifications
7.34″ H x 4.82″ W x 2.93″ D
18.65cm H x 12.25cm W x 7.43cm
Weight (without cable)
4.5 – 14VDC
Depending on host:
– host power
– external power supply
650nm visible laser diode
36 scans per second typical
Minimum element width
Nominal working distance
See decode zone
25% minimum reflective difference
+/- 10 degrees from normal
+/- 65 degrees from normal
Skew (yaw) ***
+/- 60 degrees from normal
UPC.EAN, UPC.EAN with supplementals, UCC.EAN 128, JAN 8 & 13, Code 39 full ASCII, Code 39 TRioptic, Code 128, Code 128 Full ASCII, Codabar (NW7), Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, Code 93, MSI, Code 11, Code 32, Bookland EAN, IATA, UCC/EAN RSS and RSS variants
RS232, keyboard wedge, wand emulation, scanner emulation, IBM 468X/469X, USB and Synapse
-22 to 122F
-30 to 50C
-40 to 158F
-40 to 70C
5% to 95% relative humidity, non condensing
Sealed to IP65 specifications
Unit functions normally after repeated 6.5ft/2m drops to concrete
Ambient light immunity
Immune to direct exposure of normal office and factory lighting conditions, as well as direct exposure to sunlight:
Indoor: 450ft candles/ 4,842 LUX
Outdoor: 4,000ft candles/ 43,040 LUX
Conforms to 20kV air discharge and 8 kV of contact discharge
Input transient protection
FCC Part 15 Class B, ICES-003 Class B, European Union EMC directive, Japan VCCI/MITI/Dentori
IEC825-1 Class 2
The LS 3408ER is warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 3 years (36 months) from date of shipment, provided that the product remains unmodified and is operated under normal and proper conditions. See full warranty for details.
* Roll (tilt): Controlled by rotating the wrist clockwise or counterclockwise.
** Pitch: Controlled by dropping or raising the wrist.
*** Skew (yaw): Controlled by rotating the wrist from left to right or vice versa