Motorola DS6878-DL (now Symbol DS6878-DL by Zebra) Superior high performance scanning on all bar codes with integrated driver’s license parsing agent.
The Motorola DS6878-DL (now the Symbol DS6878-DL by Zebra) cordless imager offers the complete data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes in an ergonomic, comfortable and easy-to-use design. This single device can capture all common bar codes (1D, 2D and PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays. Also, the on-board Driver’s License parsing agent enables the instant decoding of the bar coded information on driver’s licenses to support a wide variety of value-added applications.
Motorola DS6878-DL (now Symbol DS6878-DL by Zebra) Key features and benefits include:
- Comprehensive advanced data capture: Eliminates the need to purchase multiple types of devices. Captures 1D, 2D and PDF417 bar codes as well as signatures, images of documents such as drivers licenses and insurance cards, photographs, OCR for the capture of printed text and MICR for automated capture of check-related data and conversion of check-based transactions to electronic paperless debit transactions.
- Integrated Driver’s License parsing agent: Enables instant decoding of the bar coded information on driver’s licenses and other national ID documents for effortless auto-population of credit card, loyalty card and other forms.
- High performance scanning on all bar codes: The integrated revolutionary Motorola SE4500 imager eliminates the performance degradation common in 2D scanning, delivering: laser-like performance on both 1D and 2D codes; rapid and accurate capture of even poor quality and damaged bar codes; and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager, improves ergonomics and protects productivity.
- Superior durability: Offers Motorola’s best-in-class drop specification — the ability to survive 6 ft./1.8m drops to concrete — and IP43 sealing, ensuring reliable operation in spite of everyday spills, drops and bumps.
- Lightweight ergonomic design: Easy to hold regardless of hand size; reduces fatigue; enables all day scanning comfort to protect productivity in scan-intensive applications.
- USB charging: Eliminates a power supply, reducing costs and eliminating the typical cable management headaches often associated with mounting a cordless scanner.
- Bluetooth® v2.1 with EDR: Provides a secure wireless connection to the scanner base station for cordless convenience and safety.
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Ready: Reduces total cost of ownership by enabling remote, network-based device management of all devices in all locations.