Motorola’s AP650 802.11n WLAN Access Point – This access point has been discontinued. Please call TPI 888-488-4244 for direct replacement info.
Easy to deploy and easy to maintain, the Motorola AP650 is a cost-effective solution for providing 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) in branch offices or headquarters facilities. The AP650 is a thin (dependent) multipurpose access point that derives its intelligence from an RFS switch/controller, so installation is plug-and-play for optimal service in new wireless WLANs. Part of the SMART Branch portfolio , the AP650 is designed to work on a common platform for trouble free operation, reliable service and immediate off-site tech support, providing an invaluable component for managing wireless installations at multiple branch locations.
To ensure optimal performance in a wide variety of locations, the AP650 is equipped with the SMART RF feature wherein the switch/controller automatically optimizes power and channel selection so each user gets always-on, high-quality access and mobility. The AP650’s multipurpose architecture allows IT to extend immediate helpdesk support, as if the technician were sitting directly under the access point, and supports AirDefense Advanced Troubleshooting, spectrum Analysis and AirDefense Vulnerability Analysis.
While the AP650 was designed for ease of use, it has advanced out-of the box features such as the powerful 24 dBm radio for increased coverage and voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) services, such as QoS and locationing services. The AP650 also gives organizations the ability to provide hot spot and guest access, and upgrade service with accelerators through the virtual LAN feature via the switch/controller.
Motorola AP650 Key features and benefits include:
- Out-of-the-box compatibility.
- Full 802.11n performance with standard 802.3af
- Remote service through immediate helpdesk support
- Central and pre-emptive intelligence which dynamically senses weak or failing signals.
- SMART RF feature automatically optimizes power and channel selection.
- Automated load balancing, pre-emptive roaming and rate scaling.
- Concurrent sensing on 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz.
- High throughput 2×3 MIMO radio.
- 24 dBm radio for greater coverage.
- Increased receiver sensitivity.
- Performance can be accelerated through a virtual LAN feature via the switch/controller.
- Easy Deployment
- Plug-and Play for optimal WLAN service.
- Intelligence provided by RFS switch/ controller.
- Common platform with SMART portfolio.
Flexible mounting options
- Fast, secure roaming at Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Layer 2-7 stateful packet filtering firewall, AAA RADIUS services, Wireless IPS-lite, VPN gateway and location-based access control.
- Wireless IPS and rogue detection is always-on with no timeslicing.
- Users can easily add AirDefense Wireless IPS and Rogue detection