The Cradlepoint MC400 Integrated 4G LTE Modem is designed for enterprises that need the best in always-on LTE connectivity for their networks.
Cradlepoint MC400 their newest modem addition to CradlePoint’s AER and ARC series products that support wireless connectivity for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile in the United States, and all Canadian carriers. This new modem performs at higher speeds, supports additional bands, and takes advantage of carrier network improvements. The new modem is embedded in the AER1600/1650 and available as an accessory modem for the rest of the AER and ARC products, as well as a second-modem accessory for COR products with the dock.
The new Cat 4 modems support auto-carrier selection, which means they will automatically connect to a supported US or Canadian carrier associated with the active SIM card installed. So a single SKU covers all supported US and Canadian wireless carriers.
CradlePoint MC400 Features:
- Dual SIMs available on most SKUs
- Dual-modem capability on router models that support a 2nd modem
- Active GPS available on LPE, LP3, and LP6 models
- Category 3, 4, and 6 LTE models available for North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and public safety
Each modem includes two 2FF SIM slots for even more data plan diversity options and is available in the following versions:
- MC400LP6 Cat 6 LTE Advanced (300/50Mbps) with SIM-based auto-carrier selection for all carriers in North America and Europe
- MC400LP4 Cat 4 LTE (150/50Mbps) with SIM-based auto-carrier selection for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Canada
- MC400LPE Cat 3 LTE (100/50Mbps) with a software-defined radio with SKUs for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and Generic (additional carriers in the U.S. and Canada)
- MC400LP3 Cat 3 LTE (100/50Mbps) for Europe
- MC400L2 Cat 3 LTE (100/50Mbps) for Band 14 LTE public safety/FirstNet
The MC400 is available with the following products:
- AER3100 Series
- AER2100 Series
- AER1600 Series
- COR IBR1100 Series with Dual-Modem Dock
- COR IBR600B Series with COR Extensibility Dock
- ARC CBA850*
- ARC CBA750B*
- ARC MBR1400*
*ARC products support a single modem (dual embedded modem only supported on the AER Series. See below.).
MC400 for the AER Series
Dual Modem Technology for More Bandwidth and Higher Availability
Included with the Cradlepoint AER Series, the MC400 Integrated 3G/4G/LTE Modem fuses enterprise reliability with unparalleled agility for networking at the edge. Adding a second MC400 modem provides enterprises greater bandwidth for additional users and today’s demanding applications. In addition, more and more enterprises are demanding the ability to support diverse LTE carriers within a single router for high availability requirements.
By adding dual modem technology, enterprises have the ability to:
- Load balance and add burst bandwidth for peak periods
- Deploy multiple wireless backup connections to help acquire 99.999% uptime
- Diversify WAN paths for increased redundancy
- “Cut the wire” for combined high-speed 4G LTE networks from diverse carriers
- Higher availability: cut-the-wire networking solution with 4G LTE for primary and failover connectivity
- Ultimate WAN Diversity™: Combine 4G LTE with dual-modem, dual-SIM, and multi-carrier functionality; Ethernet; and/or WiFi as WAN
- Future-proof your network: Single versatile hardware platform supports several carriers
- Flexibility: Switch SIM cards when you’ve reached your data plan cap