Magtek Mini Wedge Stripe Reader Badge/Stripe Reader has been discontinued. Please call TPI for replacement options. 888-488-4244.
The Magtek Mini Wedge Stripe Reader looks transparent to both the keyboard and the PC until a card is read. Power is supplied via the keyboard port from the PC. When a card is read, the Reader disables the keyboard and sends card data using the same scan codes used by the keyboard. The PC cannot distinguish between data from the keyboard and data from the Reader. In addition to reading the standard credit card and driver license formats, these readers will read custom formats such as 7-bit encoding on all 3 tracks.
Magtek Mini Wedge Stripe Reader Features:
- Powered by the keyboard port – no external power supply needed
- Low cost, small size
- Single head
- Three track capability
- Green/Red status indicator
- Reads drivers licenses (AAMVA), bank cards (ISO) and custom formats
- Windows® driver and OCX available to simplify application programming
- Customizable communication configuration