TPI Provides Patient ID Solutions that Improve Patient Safety
Undoubtedly, patient identification is the first critical step in ensuring patient safety. With TPI’s bar code wristband print solutions, your staff can accurately identify patients throughout their hospital stay. Durable bar-coded wristbands serve as the foundation for preventing errors or enabling immediate, automated access to critical patient information at the point of care.
Questions to Think About:
- Does the technology empower users to get the right things done in less time and with less effort?
- Is the solution user friendly?
- How easily can users adopt it in their environment?
- Will this solution meet our needs of today and tomorrow?
- Is real-time up-to-date accurate patient information part of the technology?
- Will the solution improve and keep you compliant with patient safety and privacy standards?
- Will it improve communications across supply chains and comply with FDA regulations?
Automated bedside medication administration is a powerful example of the benefits that bar coded Patient ID wristbands deliver. Hospitals are dramatically improving patient safety simply by having nurses and aides scan the bar codes on their ID badges, the patient’s ID wristbands and the unit dose labels to check the Five Rights before any medication is dispensed. Ensuring that the right patient is receiving the right medication at the right time and in the proper dose is critical to a patients safety.
Zebra’s Revolutionary HC100 Patient ID Solution is an easy and cost effective way to improve patient safety. This all-in-one print solution combines the reliable HC100 direct thermal printer with easy-to-load cartridges containing the only antimicrobial-coated wristbands on the market – Zebra’s Z-band wristbands. Z-band additionally meets the patient I.D. guidelines of the American Hospital Association, the Joint Commission and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
To inquire about a Zebra HC100 demo unit please contact a TPI Technical Sales Team Member at 888-488-4244. Or email Sales@tpi1.com for a representative to contact you with more information.
Identifying patients at the point of care by using bar coded patient ID wristbands drives patient safety in other applications as well.
- Specimen collection and tracking
- Blood transfusions
- Surgical Procedures
- Radiology film identification and tracking
- Patient transfers.
TPI’s simple solution is easy to use for all your hospital staff, and will keep you compliant with patient safety and privacy standards.
The Bottom Line: TPI’s bar coded wristbands provide immediate patient safety benefits and strong return on investment.