Increase Patient Safety and Reduce Mistakes With Medication Administration Solutions.
TPI’s medication administration solutions help our customers deliver the best in quality health care. TPI helps customers meet the FDA guidelines that introduced a new industry standard requiring labeling of all human drugs and biological products with machine and human-readable bar codes. Ultimately these standards are there to ensure that the “five rights” in administering medication are met. Without mobility, there are many steps in medication administration that are not only time consuming, but also present many opportunities for error. Armed with a mobile computer with barcode scanning capability, nurses can scan the patient’s wristband, the medication, and their own ID card in seconds, ensuring that the right patient receives the right medication, the right dose, by the right route, at the right time.
Helping hospitals adopt a customer-centric business model and enabling them to treat their patients more effectively by providing visibility throughout the entire patient care journey. Delivering patient activity-specific and situational intelligence on a real-time basis to caregivers helps them deliver smart and safer patient care support.
Questions to Think About:
- Does the technology empower users to get the right things done in less time and with less effort?
- Is the solution user friendly?
- How easily can users adopt it in their environment?
- Will this solution meet our needs of today and tomorrow?
- Is real-time up-to-date accurate patient information part of the technology?
- Will the solution improve and keep you compliant with patient safety and privacy standards?
- Will it improve communications across supply chains and comply with FDA regulations?
Immediate Access to Patient Information
TPI combines handheld computers, wireless local area network (WLAN), bar-code technologies and leading clinical IT and medical device applications that will provide access to the most current patient data and their medications. Once these solutions are in place your medical professionals have more time for high-value patient care by capturing vitals and charting treatment information instantaneously with mobile computers, effectively eliminating second-guessing and bedside redundancies and saving time and money by avoiding costly mistakes.
Bottom Line: TPI equips customers with the tools and technology to ensure patient safety and avoid costly mistakes.