Experience the Benefits of an Android Operating System. It’s no longer news that Microsoft has ended its support for Windows’ mobile operating systems. However, according to studies conducted by industrial researchers at DC Velocity and ARC Advisory Group, as much as 60% of surveyed warehouses still reported using Windows in most of their operations. Since 2018, leading manufacturers such as Zebra Technologies have already begun to favor the warehouse’s newest optimization tool: the all-intuitive Android OS. Facing an ever-changing industrial landscape, newer mobile devices have evolved to set high-performance expectations with:
- Greater data capture accuracy and speed
- User-friendly displays
- Maximized ergonomics and durability
- Versatile device functionality
- Enhanced device intelligence
From retail warehousing to long-distance field operations, Android-powered devices hold the potential to bring unprecedented ease-of-use throughout your supply chain. With over 20 years of experience, TPI is ready to equip your workforce with all the tools it needs to stay ahead of change.
The OS That’s Got Your Back, Today and Tomorrow
In terms of modernization, Zebra’s Android-based handhelds present leading ingenuity due to the tech giant’s fortified Android. Combined with an all-rugged exterior and a user-friendly platform, fortified Android secures unbroken productivity, previously absent in Windows’ legacy systems.
- Seamless onboarding for a new working generation – Legacy devices still rely on alphanumerical keyboards that may not function properly in extreme environments or in the hands of a “touchscreen” younger generations. Since 81% of Americans today use smartphones, familiar touchscreens can facilitate onboarding with diminished training times.
- Maximized data capture performance – With faster processing and better ergonomics, Android devices, such as Zebra’s TC8300, could save up to an hour of error-prone data capture.
- Facilitated device management in and out the four walls – Visibility applications like Zebra’s PowerPrecision tools allows for streamlined device management through your device of choice. Monitor battery life and device performance to prevent surprise downtime and deploy software updates.
- Adaptive application conversion – To assist migration efforts, Zebra’s mobile devices incorporate All-Touch Terminal Emulation to help convert green-screen apps into touchscreen without backend modifications.
Equip your warehouse with technology that favors maximized productivity and ease of use. As a Zebra Premier Solutions Partner, TPI can help you navigate Zebra’s full portfolio of warehouse technology. Start your migration strategy today with the experts in efficient warehouse solutions.