TPI has worked with hundreds of companies on various barcode and data collection projects. Often times, our customers need software to generate barcodes for their operation and ask us to help. Of course, they usually ask “What is the best barcode label software?” — a very good question. We have worked with many. But if we have to choose one — it would be Seagull Scientific’s BarTender software.
Why? Two primary reasons — first, it can accomplish practically any barcode label requirement. Second, given all of the capabilities of this software, it’s still fairly easy to use.
The software is sold through authorized resellers and comes in four editions from Basic to Enterprise. While you can buy the software online at a cheap price, don’t make the mistake of saving pennies and costing dollars. Authorized resellers like TPI can shorten your learning curve and get you up and running quickly. Hopefully your time is worth more than a couple bucks you save from an online storefront.
So let me try to summarize the best features of the best barcode label software:
- Barcode Label Design — WYSIWYG design, drag and drop, undo button — all the intuitive features you need and expect.
- Barcode Label Stock — Print on virtually any size label. Their huge database of label specifications takes the guesswork out of creating a properly sized label image.
- Barcode Symbology — Generate 1D or 2D barcodes and a full array of industry standard barcodes. The package even supports RFID.
- Barcode Information — Add text or graphics to barcodes either static or programmed to change based on the barcode being generated.
- Barcode Printing — true Windows drivers minimizes the problems that plague many barcode label software packages.
What really sets BarTender Barcode Label Software apart from the rest of the pack is their Data Sourcing and Integration. For example, you can present a screen at print time for data entry, read Excel files and read virtually any ODBC compliant database with its extensive library of database drivers. It has special hooks into some of the most popular ERP packages like SAP and Oracle that makes barcode label printing nearly seamless. And if you find that your barcode application is so complicated that BarTender can’t handle it with all of its built-in features, there’s an SDK that allows you to program your barcode application to your heart’s desire while still utilizing all the great features of BarTender.
In summary, if you want the best barcode label software — choose BarTender. And if you want to get your project up and running quickly, choose a qualified BarTender partner like TPI.